Please read and follow these instructions carefully to ensure proper installation and use.
NOTE: Only begin Carstache® installation when car engine is cold. Do not install Carstache™ while car engine is running.
TIP: Put the wires on your car grille first, then attache the Carstache®
Step 1: Place Attaching-Wires on car grille
Take each of the three attaching-wires and loop them through your car grille (see Figure 1A)
USE ALL THREE ATTACHING-WIRES.
Space the three wires so that they will align as closely as possible with the three Wire-Sleeves (see Figure 1B) on the back of the Carstache®.
Step 2: Fasten Attaching-Wires to Wire-Sleeves on Carstache®
NOTE: You will repeat this step three times to secure each of the three Attaching Wires one at a time.
Thread one end of the first Attaching-Wire through the coinciding Attaching-Sleeve on the Carstache® (see Figure 2A). (Make sure not to pull the Attaching-Wire off of the car grille)
Pull the wire tight so that the Carstache® is snug against the car grille. (See Figure 2B)
Twist the attaching-wire around itself MULTIPLE TIMES to secure the Carstache® in place. (See Figure 2c)
NOTE: Tuck any excess wire behind the Carstache®. DO NOT stick extra wire back through the car grille into the engine compartment.
GUIDELINES ON PROPER CARSTACHE® USE:
Please read and adhere to the following guidelines on proper Carstache® use.
- A Carstache® is a novelty automotive accessory. It is not a toy. It is intended for adult use only.
- Only begin Carstache® installation when car engine is cold. Do not install Carstache® while car engine is running.
- Carstache® should not cover your headlights. If your headlights are covered do not use.
- Do not use Carstache® while driving on Interstates or at Highway Speeds.
- Carstache® is not intended for use while traveling over 40 MPH (64 KPH).
- To prevent theft, remove your Carstache® when leaving vehicle unattended.
- Do not alter Carstache® or Attaching Wires in any way. Do not substitute other fastener materials in place of the included Attaching Wires.
- Always fasten Carstache® securely using all three attaching wires.
- Always twist attaching wires around themselves multiple times to secure Carstache® in place.
- With some car models, your Carstache® may cover, or partially cover, your license plate. Laws governing the covering and/or removal of front license plates vary by country and state. Consult local laws before installing your Carstache®.
- Carstaches and Bikestaches are made from synthetic materials and are Weather Resistant.
- If Carstache/Bikestache becomes wet, allow to air dry. DO NOT MACHINE DRY. Wind from driving/riding will help the natural drying process (think of it like a natural blow-dryer). Do not blow dry on high heat.
- If Carstache/Bikestache becomes dirty, hand-wash with soap and warm water.
- If you love your 'stache, and care for it, you'll be riding together for years to come.
GUIDELINES ON PROPER BIKESTACHE® USE:
Bikestache guidelines coming soon!